Today, Sweet Sisters in Jesus Christ I am asking you to fully embrace this amazing scripture, “And He is the perfect Father who leads us all, works through us all, and lives in us all!” Ephesians 4:6 TPT (The Passion Translation comes from the Aramaic language which Jesus spoke).
I must confess that over the last couple of weeks I have been asking God to give me His Words to share with you. This is the process I always use as I quiet my mind and ask my spirit along with the help of the Holy Spirit to speak. As I have shared my mind and ability to recall is slightly limited right now however I will not let this limitation hold me back. A decade ago, a young lady gave me a gift of a coffee mug and right now as I am sipping on my coffee the words on it speak to me. “His Word is in my heart like a burning fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I CANNOT! This simple girl is on FIRE! ” Jeremiah 20:9 personalized.
I say all of this to tell you that as I was preparing my computer to write, I opened my last writing and God brought me to tears as I read what was written because my sisters I did not remember what the Holy Spirit had given me that morning. It spoke to me with such truth…God’s Truth and so now the Holy Spirit is urging me to continue.
We must live with a Perpetual Attitude, an awareness of His presence. So how can we get there and how can we keep it fresh? How can we “go deeper”? Let’s look at the word perpetual; occurring repeatedly; so frequent as to seem endless and uninterrupted, never ending, everlasting, eternal, permanent. And now the word attitude; a settled way of thinking or feeling about something, typically one that is reflected in a person’s behavior. As the daughters of the Most High King this must be the position we pursue.
Practicing the presence of God is a learned habit you can develop. We, my sisters, are not flesh but spirit with the ability to live by the Holy Spirit, let me put it a simpler way…we must allow our spirit to become bigger than our flesh (mind) for it is in our mind that all sin begins.
I have adopted what I call “Jesus Habits” to assist me in building my Perpetual Attitude of worship focused on God and living daily in His presence.
- Create reminders to bring your thoughts back to an awareness, a knowing that God is with you in that moment. For me I use 3 x 5 cards with scriptures written on them posted in various places within my view, I also carry my Bible with me EVERYWHERE. Just knowing it’s with me gives me comfort.
- 2 Corinthians 10:5 tells us to make every thought obedient to God. Let No negative thought occupy your mind, be quick to give it to God, if forgiveness is necessary then offer a prayer of repentance.
- There are situations and people who can distract you and offend you, once again God tells us not to dwell upon these things. For me I remind myself I MUST let “it” go! Anything I’ve harbored in my heart toward people who have hurt me, misrepresented me, spoke unkindly about me. I have to “let go” of the desire for an apology — it isn’t coming! And that’s ok! Instead, I stop right there and offer simple words of praise, “God is with me and for me right now”. Remove yourself from any situation or individual that interferes with your relationship with God.
- The Bible tells us to “pray all the time” 1 Thessalonians 5:17. Pastor Rick Warren offers this simple idea…choose a brief simple phrases that can be repeated to Jesus in one breath: “You are with me.” “I want to know You.” “Help me trust You.” Pray it as often as possible so it is rooted deep in your heart. Just be sure that your motive is to Honor God, not control Him. In my hardest days I simply say, “Yes God.”
- It is impossible to be God’s child if you don’t know what He says. You can’t love God and hear Him speak if you don’t know Him. Samuel knew God intimately because He revealed Himself through His Word. “and he showed himself to Samuel through his word.” 1 Samuel 3:21b NCV There are also many great men and women of God who have written books to help you know God. God’s Word belongs to you…it is tangible! I strongly suggest that you use a printed Bible, write in it…mark it up…date those moment you encounter Him!
The key to living in God’s presence is by changing our attitude in our daily lives, no matter where you are right now you can honor God with your attitude and action. That is to say, what you normally do for yourself begin doing for God, whether it is preparing for your day…bathing, eating, your daily routine. Then at work how can you do this for your King? How can you serve your King in action? In thought? Many believe you have to “get away” you know have a set “quiet time” and yes that is important, but we serve a God of details and He is there every moment so why not acknowledge His presence and give Him the Glory. He loves to hear your voice as you share your life with Him.
Heavenly Father, help me and my beautiful sisters in Christ…live in Your presence with a perpetual attitude of worship, help us to see it is more than a time or place, a song sung, a sermon heard, a quiet time…God, you are in our details, you see every circumstance and You are there with us! Jesus I surrender my very breath to you…help me to know You God in an intimate way. I pray this in Jesus’ name. AMEN
Blessings, Sister Laurie
2 Replies to “Perpetual Attitude”
This perfectly helps me with what I am struggling with. Had to open the article to comment but it is good so I can keep it in my browser and move along with my other emails. I tried the cards before…Gonna try that and more. Really don’t like the world getting between me and God.
So glad this writing is blessing you! ❤️