Scripture: All the Israelite men and women who were willing brought to the Lord freewill offerings for all the work the Lord through Moses had commanded them to do. Exodus 35:29 NIV
Observation: Willing, this word is throughout Exodus 35. Along with a call for willing workers to build the Tent of Meeting, the Lord looks inside us for willing hearts; people who have an attitude of servanthood. He wants people who willingly seek to know him.
Application: In understanding the Tent of Meeting and the very specific instructions for its construction and daily use we begin to see the kind of willingness God looks for in his children. During the last few weeks in Sunday school we have studied the Tent of Meeting, the Tabernacle. The tabernacle design can be used as a map to salvation and having a relationship with Christ, (read through Exodus chapters 30-40 for the details).
Our Journey to Salvation
- We enter the tabernacle with thanksgiving and praise as we acknowledge that Jesus Christ is the only way.
- At the Brazen altar we offer a daily burnt offering that speaks of Christ’s death on the cross for our sin.
- The lavar is a place set for washing before entering the Holy place. This tells us if we humble ourselves before the Lord he will cleanse the areas within that need cleaning.
- As we pass through the door on our journey we have a growing awareness of Jesus and all that he provides for us, truth, love, courage, strength and eternity with him.
- Before we can move forward we must check our relationship with those around us. Are we showing them the love of Christ?
- The dyed coverings signify God’s strength and beauty. They show that we are under his authority. When we pray it is to him alone.
- The table of showbread is our communion with the Lord. We have grown in our relationship with Him and so we pour our lives out to Him. We acknowledge the gift of His word.
- The candlestick provides light. It lights our way to the Holy Spirit who hears our prayers. He is also our intercessor to the Father.
- The altar of incense is a picture of our prayers and praise to God. They bring a pleasing aroma to the Him and shows Him that we love Him.
Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank you for your Living Word. Through your Word you share yourself with me and you show to me what’s in my heart and my value in your eyes. Thank you for choosing me and loving me. Lord, I am yours. This is my freewill offering to you. Help me share who you are to all those around me. Amen